If you are an independent New Zealand label or an independently produced band/musician there are many benefits to joining IMNZ.
- An independent voice and representation with various government and music industry organisations;
- Eligibility for the IMNZ charts – Singles, Albums and Airplay;
- Eligibility for the Taite Music Prize;
- Invitations and/or discounts to all IMNZ events, seminars and showcases including Going Global Music Summit;
- IMNZ tip sheet with label opportunities emailed weekly;
- Inclusion of your label news on this website, the IMNZ Facebook and Twitter pages and the IMNZ weekly newsletter;
- Opportunities to list your releases/catalogs with international synchronisation licensing companies;
Eligibility for IMNZ membership requires a majority of New Zealand ownership of the label/distributor (or parent company) and the majority of your releases must be by New Zealand artists.
Aside from these conditions, anyone who releases the music in New Zealand – including self-released artists – is eligible to join. Even if you only have one release.
There are two membership options.
Artist membership – for self-releasing artists, managers and small labels representing a single release. Dues are: $86.25 incl. GST yearly
Label membership – for labels, managers and artists representing two or more releases / copyrights. Dues are: $172.50 incl. GST yearly
If you are an artist or manager representing an artist who wishes to join IMNZ and also works with a label or distributor who is already an IMNZ member – please get in touch about our discount rate on the artist member tier.
APPLY HERE –
ARTIST membership application form:
LABEL membership application form: