GOING GLOBAL PRESENTS – MUSICIAN APPLICATION FORM
ARTIST APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 ARE NOW CLOSED
If you’re an artist or band, label, promoter or collective who would like to be part of the LIVE MUSIC COMPONENT of Going Global Music Summit (called Going Global Presents), please complete the application form below….
ABOUT THIS APPLICATION:
The Music Summit directors will be calling for proposals for the 2017 schedule around mid-June, 2017. If your music practice relates to exciting and emerging music in any way then we want to hear from you – and see you performing live beforehand, if possible.
TIPS ON FILLING OUT THIS APPLICATION:
Here’s a checklist for strengthening your application:
- Be as clear as possible when describing your music (genre, style, music community).
- Please provide links to music and live clips where applicable.
- Make sure that you provide full details of any additional backline requirements and/or any additional details relating to performance requirements.
- Please provide contact details for an artist representative (e.g.; a manager, or at least x1 member of the band/performer), who will be available to meet during daylight hours with the international speakers on a professional one-on-one basis and will be able to clearly introduce your music to them.
- Evening showcase performance sets will be required to run for 25mins per artist. Please be aware of this when you are applying, and then again when setting up, performing and getting off the stage. There will be stage managers on hand to assist you with finishing your set on time.
- Performance fees: Going Global Music Summit believes in paying artists for their work & performance, on a pro-rata basis (calculated at NZ$300+GST, or NZ$300 less WHT@ 20%) with all other artists appearing at the showcase event(s). If you require additional budgetary considerations, please outline these in the section supplied.
- When completing the budgetary considerations section please be aware that Going Global Music Summit is restricted in what it can provide and expects artists to be as self-sufficient as possible. This includes providing your own transport to/away from the showcase events.
- FAQ: If you have performed at Going Global in past years – yes, you are still eligible to showcase at this year’s event. Welcome back!
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
ABOUT GOING GLOBAL MUSIC SUMMIT:
Going Global Music Summit includes a showcase of new music (Going Global Presents) featuring national artists, occurring in September along with the Going Global Music Summit industry seminars. The Summit takes place in Auckland, New Zealand.
Going Global Music Summit provides musicians, producers, composers, labels, promoters, industry professionals and fans a chance to perform, discuss, learn, teach and interact in front of an audience of like-minded peers in an environment that encourages the global exchange of ideas, techniques and trends.
In 2017 Going Global Music Summit will present an exciting schedule of live music events alongside a daytime program of panels, presentations and discussions. The focus is on new music and as such live music showcases aim to reflect diversity and originality in contemporary live music practice.